Re: my dern opinion of all this.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Back to Board ]

Posted by CookiMan March 27, 1999 at 22:31:15:

In Reply to: my dern opinion of all this. posted by ldc on March 22, 1999 at 06:06:51:

: I'm not a Legalize member... (obviously, if you've read other messages/followups by me), but surely all you members out there must have looked at both sides of the coin when it comes to the legalization of marijuana. Now, most likely, (and this is an assumption, forgive me if I'm wrong), the majority of Legalize! members are users/sellers of the drug and simply want the drug legalized for their own purposes. Now, just how many people (again, forgive me, for I am a cynical person) want the drug legalized purely for medical purposes? I'm sure there are some people, but the majority want it legalized for their own purposes. It's human nature.
: It seems, from some of the messages I've been reading, that most people want the drug legalized just so that they can take it and not feel like they're breaking the law. Which, in my opinion, is not exactly right. Therefore, if the cause of Legalize! was just slightly changed to wanting to legalize marijuana purely for medical reasons and no other, perhaps I would actually approve of Legalize! But as of now, I look at the reason behind Legalize! as a purely selfish one full of potheads who want to take a load off their guilty consciences.
: So...the basic point I want to get across is that it is not always a question of what you want, but of what is moral and right. I apologize for having offended anyone, but SOMEONE had to tell you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail (optional):
Subject:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Back to Board ]